Reverse engineering is a term we use to describe the process of accurately reconstructing an existing product, with the aim of reproducing, adapting or improving the current design.
REVERSE ENGINEERING IS NECESSARY IN THESE CASES, BECAUSE:
- There are no drawings of the product or it is a prototype.
- The existing drawings are outdated
- The supplier of the product no longer exists or has stopped producing it.
- The supplier no longer has stock and only produces when large quantities are ordered.
IN THESE CASES IT IS POSSIBLE TO:
- Precise 3D Scanning.
- The product can be accurately measured with a CMM bank
- Measure the dimensions manually with, for example, a caliper gauge.
The most chosen option is to scan the object in 3D, because it is very accurate and a very fast way to capture all dimensions. You can find more information about 3D Scanning on our 3D scanning services page.
WHICH REVERSE ENGINEERING SERVICES DOES RVRS3D OFFER?
Generate CAD models and drawings of existing parts
- Drawings are with the existing manufacturer and you want to try another manufacturer
- Drawings simply do not exist, but the tooling does
- You want to make changes to your existing product
Realistic photo rendering – Create lifelike images from CAD
- The following steps are usually required to create a rendered image:
- Create a 3D CAD model in CAD software such as Solidworks
- Apply materials
- Set up virtual cameras to create a realistic image
- Set up a virtual environment such as a landscape, table, etc.
- Render image
You can apply the realistic photo display in these ways:
- Concept for customer approval
- Sales quotes
- View your product in different environments
- Detailed explosion of your product
PROJECT FOR REVERSE ENGINEERING?
REQUEST A QUOTE